Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Gifts for Roadgeeks

Yes, I know: I promised to post more often. Truth is, since I've been gimped up, I haven't done much travelling. I did go to visit my folks in Missouri for Christmas, which was about a 4 hour drive, not including "detours". I got a few photos, but not very many. Mostly along Missouri 249: a couple sign errors and some shots of current road construction. I snagged a couple other pics as well, which can be seen at Mark Robert's site or GR Van's site .
Hopefully, my ankle will be healed enough by the end of this month that I can start going out more often. My first stop will be the Poteau River Bridge where I had my accident so I can complete my task of taking photos. Lest anyone think I'm asking for trouble returning to the scene, I'll be taking along a new toy: a couple of my SCA friends (that's Society for Creative Anachronism in case you didn't know) gave me a Swissgear Hiking Pole for Christmas (that's it on the left). So now I'm ready to take on those tricky bridge embankments that caused me so much trouble... or at least I will be once I'm free of this walking boot. ;)

2 comments:

Moira said...

Since I ran into that rattlesnake on Rich Mountain several years ago, I never go anywhere without my stick!

Moira said...

Oh, and if you want a buddy along, particularly a buddy who's also a photographer, you need only call... ;-)