Sunday, June 01, 2008

Flickring *

I have at least 5 or 6 blogs in my head that I haven't gotten around to posting. I simply haven't had much time. I travel a lot on weekends and have been gone something like 6 weekends in a row. The upside of that is I've taken lots of road photos, which I have uploaded to my Flickr pages. Most recently, I was in Oklahoma and Texas and managed to get few photos of road signs, bridges and this traffic signal in Hugo, Oklahoma at the intersection of Business US 70 and Business US 271.



This is the only remaining signal (that I know of) that has a 4 phase cycle (Green-Yellow-Yellow Red-Red). I first discovered this signal 4-5 years ago and took a couple photos of it then. I returned last week with a better camera and took some more photos as well as a short movie. While I'm a bit surprised this signal is still here, I'm glad it has yet to be replaced by bland modernization.

Now that I have a couple weeks off the road, maybe I'll have time to post a blog or two. Until that time, feel free to explore my Flickr photo pages (now with over 1200 photos from 13 states) and leave a comment or two if you so choose.







(* with apologies to Comrade Otto Yamamoto)

No comments: