Monday, June 30, 2008

Powell Bridge Saved!!


The Joplin Globe reports the Big Sugar Creek bridge at Powell, Missouri has been saved from destruction. Built circa 1912, this bridge was slated for replacement due to its age and having a 3 Ton weight limit. Now the bridge will be preserved for future generations as a pedestrian bridge.

I have a bit of a vested interest in this bridge: not only do some of my photos appear on Bridgehunter, but I was approached back in January by the McDonald County Museum in Pineville, asking permission to use some my photos in a display on the history of the bridge.

It's been 3 years this July since I took my first photos of the Powell bridge. Since then, I have not only upgraded my camera, but I have learned a lot more about taking photos. I really need to go back up there sometime soon.




No comments: