Thursday, September 18, 2008

ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!

I had a computer glitch yesterday and lost all my photos from my recent trip to Texas. The folders were still there, but no photos. AH, S#IT. Well, I did some searching on the Internet and found a file recovery program. Lo and behold, it found my photos... well some of them at least. It looks like I lost all my photos from Henryetta and Lawton, including my pics of Old US 62 and all the button copy signs. Still, I may be able to salvage some of them from my Flickr pages.

Those photos I can replace fairly easily. Lawton is about 4 hours away and there are some other bridges in the area I want to explore.


I am extremely relieved that I was able to recover most of my Texas photos, including this 1928 Union Pacific Railroad bridge over old US 80 near Trent.


I am, needless to say, extremely relieved. 3-4 hours from home, I can leave in the morning and do an overnight stay somewhere if I need to. Central Texas, however, is 8+ hours away... a bit far to simply chase a few old bridges. I'd have to wait until the next time I was headed to an SCA event in that area, which probably won't be until next year.

I may never know exactly how many photos I lost: perhaps as many as 40 or 50. But I was able to rescue around 340, so while everything is still not right and good in the world, it's OK for now.

What the heck? I was looking for an excuse for another road trip anyway ;)




No comments: