Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Never Can Say Goodbye

My computer is starting to run a trifle sluggish, so it's time to clean out a few photos and free up some space. I have almost 3000 photos from 2007 which I can burn to a CD and clear out of my computer to gain a little space. Just one minor problem: the photos take up almost 900 MB of space and a CD will only hold 700 MB. So I'll either have to delete 200 MB of photos, or download to 2 CD's. 200 MB: that's only about 10-12 photos at 1600x1200 resolution.

But I can't do it. It's almost impossible for me to delete any photos from my personal collection. Admittedly, I haven't shared all of them on Flickr or Bridgehunter , but many of them are still valuable (at least to me). Some (such as the Ash Grove bridge) are irreplaceable. No two of my photos are the same. While they may look the same, they are often shot at different angles.

I've gone through my photos and have deleted around 15 of them, but I'm still over the limit. So, I guess I'll have to separate them into January-June and July-December.

So if you'll excuse me, I have some photos to work on. ;)






No comments: