According to Kiplinger, there are several projects that are major candidates for funding including:
- Widening US 67 northeast of Newport
- Widening US 167 from Little Rock to El Dorado,
- Reconstruction on the I-430/I-630 interchange
- Construction of I-49 from Texarkana to the Louisiana state line
- Springdale wants $20 Million to build an exit on I-540 for the Don Tyson Parkway
- Siloam Springs wants an unspecified amount to move utilities along US 412 in preparation for widening.
While I agree (albeit somewhat reluctantly) that working on infrastructure may help revive the struggling economy, I disagree with people who believe their project is more worthy than anyone else's and they should be first in line for a handout like a cheap Welfare mother.