Sunday, November 08, 2009

November?

November, already?  I've got a lot of catching up to do. I've been on the road so much, I haven't much time to keep things updated. Maybe I'll have to spring for a laptop so I can blog from the road.

So, where have I been? Everywhere and nowhere. One weekend I'm in Missouri, the next I'm in Mississippi (where I found another hanging 4-Way Stop along US 51 in Durant)


A couple weeks later, I found myself in South Dakota visiting Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park. Including this tunnel along US 16A

 

and this wooden arch bridge at US 16/16A

and a Palindrome along US 81:


I also briefly set foot in Minnesota where I crossed the West Fork of Des Moines River along US 71 at Sterling

 then made my way into Iowa where I found numerous bridges



Plus some old traffic signals in Clarinda  and a tribute to a native son


In other news: US 71 has finally reopened north of Mountainburg, sign upgrades continue along Interstate 40 and work continues along Future Interstate 49. More details on this later. I am hoping to get to the point where I am blogging 2-3 times a week, including how the ARRA is being wasted on perfectly good roads. 




1 comment:

Georgia Road Geek said...

Mary and I bought an HP Mini netbook for about $300 from Best Buy.

If you're just looking for something to use for net surfing, checking e-mail, and blogging, then it's the one for you. It does the trick for us when we're on the road.

Sizewise, they are smaller than your standard laptop and weigh only 1 kg (2.2 lbs).