Monday, June 28, 2010

The Coming of MO 126

Well, OK...MO 126 really isn't that new... it's been around for a while. It stretches from Golden City (at US 160) west to the Kansas State Line where it continues as K 126. 126 is mostly a rural road with only a few major junctions (MO 37, US 71, MO 43).

Since last Summer, 126 has been closed at US 71 while the at-grade intersection is converted to a full interchange in preparation for upgrading US 71 to I-49, paid for in part by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The proposed completion date of the interchange is sometime this Fall... or WAS.

MoDOT announced today that the US 71/MO 126 Interchange will open June 30.  June 30? GREAT... or maybe not so great. I have to be someplace else that day, so I will likely miss the ribbon cutting. If by some chance I DO make it, I'll be the guy in the US 71 shirt ;)

No comments: