Monday, October 11, 2010

Ketchup ;)

Yes, I have a lot of catching up to do. Between being on the road almost every weekend and my computer crashing, I have lots of news to catch up on.

News in Brief:

4 new interchanges have opened on US 71 north of Carthage, MO

  • MO 126
  • Routes V/C
  • Routes DD/EE
  • MO 52 East

Arkansas has taken a few small steps towards building I-49 between Bentonville & the Missouri State Line. For now, it appears it will be built as a "Super 2" (2 lanes, controlled access) over a period of about 10 years, to be upgraded to 4 Lanes as money becomes available.

For sign fanatics: I-540 in NW Arkansas is receiving new exit signage, with street names instead of city designations. First ones appeared last month at Exit 62  for US 62/AR 180 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (formerly Farmington/University of Arkansas exit).

I'll have more information on these tidbits in a couple days. In the meantime, I have lots of Missouri and Arkansas photos to upload on Flickr. Several bridges (including a stone culvert on old US 50 at Union, MO) and a random assortment of road signs (including a couple AR 87 signs spotted in Missouri). 

Guess I better get busy!

No comments: