Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year End Wrap-up

Well, I missed my goal of 6000 photos on Flickr. My final tally will be in the 4500 range. It was a lofty goal, but I thought I could do it. Unfortunately, the slow economy prevented me from taking as many long trips, so I had fewer opportunities for bridge photos and odd sign photos.

I did get do drive through New Orleans back in March and found lots of photo ops. I wish I'd had more time to explore the area than I did, but I can always go back another day.

I also found some old bridges between Ottawa & Emporia, KS, thanks in part to Richie "Route 56" Kennedy. I've also seen several on Bridgehunter that I really want to go find. I don't know if I'll make it anytime soon, but I can always hope.

So it was a good year for photos, but not a spectacular year... but I can always vow to do better next year.

I think for 2011, I'll set a goal of 8500 photos on Flickr. There are several older bridges along old US 63 near Jonesboro I want to go find, plus a WPA bridge near Gilbert that appears to be well preserved. I wish I had the time and money to simply take a week and do all these in one trip.

Well, as they say in the movies: "that's a wrap". Thanks for reading and see you again in 2011.



No comments: