Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkeys

Thanksgiving Day, time for turkey...and turkeys on the road. 

I drove to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner and encountered all kinds of "turkeys" on the road.
Of course, there was the usual assortment of speed demons who, no matter how fast you were driving,  were driving faster than you were (and you're in their way).
I also got to part of a "sandwich": the guy ahead of me was driving too slow, the guy behind me was driving too fast and there was no way for me to change lanes due to the semi-truck in the other lane. 
And what is it with semis that drive slow, then when you pass them suddenly speed up and pass you? Is this some sort of game?
All the c-stores were more crowded than the roads when I stop for a caffeine boost. I've rarely seen so many people standing in line for the restroom.
The trip home was less eventful, though one person ahead of me slowed way down for no apparent reason then sped back up again.
About 2 miles from home, I noticed traffic backed up for nearly half a mile on the Interstate: they were all trying to get to Target for their Black Friday sales that started at Midnight. I'm glad I didn't have to go there. I simply slowed down, switched lanes and kept going. What is it about Black Friday that makes people act like idiots?





No comments: