Wednesday, September 05, 2012

It Begins Again

Another section of I-49 has started construction near Ft Smith.  This segment crosses County Rd 8 (Howard Hill Rd) and ends just before US 71 near Treece Rd (see yellow line)

I haven't seen a timetable for completion (it just started, after all), but my guess is it will take a least a couple years.  Howard Hill runs along the top of a ridge and there's about a 100 foot drop-off on the south side of the road. Heck of a view to the southwest, but it's going to be a pain in the butt to build a road through there. I drove through there yesterday and there's a lot of dirt work being done below the cliff. On top, it looked like they were drilling holes to eventually plant some explosive charges. I hate loud noises, but I think it would be interesting to watch .

Oh, and I'll have a few photos sometime today or tomorrow on Flickr and perhaps Facebook.

No comments: