Thursday, December 06, 2012

OOPS!

I keep meaning to post more updates, but have been so busy that I've forgotten. I'll have to try to rectify that situation.

Right now, I'm gearing up for the I-49 "Official" conversion on December 12. I even made myself a shirt on Cafe Press:
Now if I can remember what I did with it after it arrived. :(

I've received a report that the I-49 shields will be "Neutered": no state name

 
 Disappointment :(

I need to get out and to some more field work. The new exits have been completed on US 71/I-49 north of Carthage, so I need to check them out. Work also continues just south of Fort Smith which I need to keep an eye on.

In southern Arkansas, AR 549/ Future I-49 is coming along well. Rumor has it another section may open next year.

AHTD is already putting up the signs: I found a sign yard north of town a few weeks ago.





One final thought before I close: Never EVER stay at America Best Value Inn. I have stayed at two of them this year (Memphis, TN and Marshall, TX): both were dirty, rundown and generally nasty.

Thank you and goodnight.




 

No comments: