Monday, February 24, 2014

Shame on Me

Shame on me 1: I've not posted in weeks. Too busy with other things, I guess.

Shame on me 2: While taking some photos of the I-540 rebuild, I've noticed new exit signage going up. OK, that was expected. There are also new I-540 shields going up: big shields that require two posts:




















"Skinny", over on the left, is on Northbound 540 near US 271.  The one on the right (drive-by shot: no place to pull over) is on Southbound 540 between Grand Ave and Rogers Ave/AR 22.

Now if you look closely, you'll see the sign fonts are different. PLUS the southbound sign has the state name whiel the northbound does not (some folks call those "neutered" signs.

So I asked AHTD "why the different signs?" I expected a simple answer such as "different sign vendors". Instead I'm told "Oops! they're not supposed to be named anymore".  So now AHTD says there are going to have to replace the named signs with neutered signs.  Seems like a waste of money to me: why not just leave them in place?
 

Shame on me for saying anything.  :(

So which do you prefer? I like the named shield, myself :)



 

No comments: