Monday, February 01, 2016

A Lotta Bread

Quik Trip is moving into the fast food business.Well, they have been for the last couple years. Many of their locations now feature "QT Kitchens" where you can order a limited number of breakfast biscuits, shakes, sandwiches, pizzas, and cappuccinos. 

I stopped at one in Muskogee over the weekend and ordered a personal-size pizza with pepperoni which was ready in less than 10 minutes. The price? $4.99 plus tax.
Verdict: a lotta bread for a lotta bread. The pizza didn't have a lot of flavor. The sauce was bland as were the toppings. Except for the "mouth feel" of eating pizza, I felt like I was eating bread. It was also very greasy and salty, prompting me to stop a couple times for some more tea to get the taste out of my mouth.

Overall, I wasn't real impressed. $4.99 seemed like a lot of money for cheap tomato sauce on bread. For that kind of money, I get can get a large pepperoni from the local "Buy One, Get Two Free" place...and the quality is about the same.


No comments: